CALL FOR PROPOSALS CLOSED — Thank you for your submissions.
The Northeast Regional OER Summit 2022
Thursday – Friday, May 26 – 27, 2022
virtually through UMass Amherst
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Sunday, March 20, 2022 Extended to Sunday, April 3, 2022
The Northeast Regional OER Conference Committee invites you to share your ground-breaking ideas, research, and best practices in Open Education Resources.
Submit a conference presentation proposal for Thursday 5/26 – Friday 5/27.
All presenters will be expected to register for this event.
We are also looking for individuals interesting in reviewing conference proposals. If you would like to be a reviewer, please contact Nicolas Simon firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal Criteria and Submission Process
We are looking for proposals that fit into one of the following tracks:
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA), (For example: Engaging Student Leaders, Inclusion and Diversity in Open Education, OER Community Building)
- Creation (For example: OER Creation & Management, Copyright, Licensing, and CC 101, Instructional Design and Ed Tech for OER, Open Pedagogy)
- Evaluation (For example: Research in OER, Evaluation student engagement, OER Impact and Programmatic Assessment)
- Sustainability (For example: Grant Acquisition & Management, Sustainability, Engaging Student Leaders, OER for Resilience, OER Community Building, OER and Technology)
Reviewers use the following criteria when evaluating submissions:
- Relevance – The topic is relevant to Open Education and contributes to research and/or effective practices in the field.
- Coverage – The topic is clearly described and the session covers the topic adequately.
- Innovation – The topic has innovative concepts.
- Research/Outcome Based – The topic is research/outcomes based.
- Takeaways – The session includes key takeaways for participants.
- Improved Processes and Best Practices – The session could help improve processes and/or best practices in the field.
- Knowledge – The speaker or speakers appear to have sufficient knowledge and expertise to address the topic.
We are looking for the following types of presentations:
- Presentation: A presentation in which you share information related to one of the learning tracks (25 minutes).
- Panel Presentation: Two or more individuals addressing one of the tracks from multiple perspectives. Inter-institutional panels are encouraged (50 minutes).
- Round-Table or Special Interest Groups (SIG session): Propose and lead a discussion on an OER topic of interest to you (50 minutes).
- Workshop: Action focused hands-on workshop focusing on techniques and skills (120 minutes).
Proposals are due by Sunday, March 20, 2022
Notifications of acceptance by Friday, April 15, 2022
Conference proposals will be submitted using UMass Amherst’s institutional repository, ScholarWorks. To submit your proposal, you will first need to create an account if you have not previously created one. You will receive an email with account activation to confirm account.